[TowerTalk] "The Art of Antenna Tramming" ....

Bill Winkis kc4pe at mindspring.com
Sat May 24 12:02:56 EDT 2008

Every since day one I have been "Gin Pole'ing " antennas up the
towers.  Going through the twist & flip at every guide section,
etc..... Its easy but a lot of work ...but I notice a few months back
a good discussing about "Advanced Tramming", and needless to say some
of the terminology and procedure was unfamiliar to me.

All of my towers are ground clear for 200 feet or better, and all
towers are between 100 and 145 feet.... so with that much room I
guess I better look into Tramming....????

  My question is is there a site or whatever, that  gives details
on  - Instructions  - Equipment needed - Tower Preparations - Ground
Prep - Number of Personal - Hints - Be careful of ...etc on the "Art
Of Traming"....

Certainly some one: some where or maybe its possible a Radio Club has
all this documented..??

-Thanks,

-Bill
kc4pe at bellsouth.net