[TowerTalk] new member with tower question

Joe - WDØM joe at wd0m.com
Tue May 27 10:46:11 EDT 2008

I faced a similar problem - bedrock is just 6 inches under the soil on
my 5 acres.  The subsurface rock is sandstone.  I put up a 55 foot UST
TX-455 tower by placing about 4 feet of concrete on TOP of the bedrock,
anchored by 25 rods cemented into the bedrock.  It's withstood 90 mph
gusts, and works fine.  It's been there for almost 5 years.

Your conditions may be far different, but there still could be a
solution, as others have suggested.  You can see how I did it at:

http://www.wd0m.com/

Click on Ham Radio, then Tower Project.

Good luck - hope to hear you on the air.

Joe Hannigan - WDØM
Pagosa Springs, CO

http://www.WD0M.com
http://www.pagosarocks.com