[TowerTalk] Faraday Cage

Larry Banks larryb.w1dyj at verizon.net
Sat May 31 13:23:20 EDT 2008

The Museum of Science in Boston uses a Van de Graff generator to generate
lighting bolts that hit a faraday cage with the operator inside.  check this
out:  http://www.mos.org/sln/toe/cage.html

Very enlightening -- the cage has a number of copper or steel rods spaced
about 6" to 12" apart if I remember correctly.  Don't know how far apart
they could be and still provide proper shielding.

73,
Larry
W1DYJ