[TowerTalk] Guying a self-supporter

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Mon Nov 3 17:18:41 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/3/2008 12:45:53 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  This subject has been debated before.  Your analysis of  self-supporting
towers and guying is another example of  misinformation!  Let me suggest
you obtain the facts next time you  post or other wise state that it is
your opinion.  The company that  manufactures the self-supporting towers
I use, RECOMMENDS guying ...  fact!

    Okay, I'll bite. Who is the manufacturer -  Trylon? Delhi? How about a
reference? I've never seen a US tower manufacturer  say to guy a self-supporting
tower so maybe it's a Canadian thing. And I have  seen guyed Delhi towers.
(Delhi towers are exact copies of the Rohn BX line  that includes straight
sections so you can wind up with a beefy  self-supporting/guyed tower.)

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH

5 Travel Deals!