[TowerTalk] Running Coax in the plane of a VHF antenna

Paul Baldock pbaldock at verizon.net
Tue Nov 4 16:19:51 EST 2008

I'm redoing my Circular Polarized Satellite Antennas and rather than
following the rules of running the coax out behind the reflector and
down for the 146MHz antenna, I plan to run the coax out the middle,
between two directors and a 45degrees to them. This is normally a
poor way to do it with the potential to mess up the SWR, gain and circularity.

So I'm considering loading the coax with Type 61 Ferrite beads, every
6" or so, the idea being to make the coax "transparent" to the antenna field.

Any thoughts on this weird idea?

- Paul KW7Y