[TowerTalk] Rohn 45G Self Supporting

DMartin560 at aol.com DMartin560 at aol.com
Tue Nov 4 20:07:31 EST 2008

Go to the Radian/Rohn site at:
_http://www.radiancorp.com/ROHNNET/rohnnet2004/html2004/index.html_
(http://www.radiancorp.com/ROHNNET/rohnnet2004/html2004/index.html)
Click "Online Catalog"
Click "25G"  Gives the following info on 25 thru 65 towers:
Click "Foundation Details".  Gives foundation dimensions for self supporting
25, 45, 55, 65 towers.
Click "Allowable Antenna Areas"  Gives info on what you can put on 25 thru 65
tower  at 70, 80 & 90 mph wind speed
with and without some ice.

GL,
Dwayne, KG4ADM

You can find an online Rohn catalog from 2004 here:

http://www.criticaltowers.com/ROHN%20Industries/2005%20Catalogs/2004_Revised_R
OHN_Catalog.pdf

You can also find info on your counties wind speed ratings here:

http://championradio.com/windspeed.php

My quick look through the catalog does not show any specifications for
unguyed, unbracketed 45G, but I may have missed it.

Good luck with your installation, and be safe!

73 de Al, KE1FO

-----
Visit my amateur radio contesting blog at ke1fo.wordpress.com.

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Divinia Darin <wg5j at me.com> wrote:

> What are the recommendations on Rohn 45 self supporting?
>
> I am looking at approx 50' with a 2 element steppir and a Ham M.
> Figure I am good?
>
> I can't find my old Rohn engineering guideline book. Is there one
> online?
>
> Thanks,
> D.

> Darin Divinia