[TowerTalk] Guying a freestanding

Sandy Taylor ve4xt at mts.net
Fri Nov 7 23:16:50 EST 2008

Hi,

There's been a lot of speculation on whether guying a freestanding tower is
a good idea or not.

It would be nice to have some credentialed information. If someone who can
sign P.Eng behind their name could weigh in, it would be most informative.
Hank Lonberg, where are you?

As a layman, it seems to me that as long as the tower can absorb the added
downforce of the guys, all is good. But as a layman, I'd like to get a
reasonable, professional opinion.

I don't mean to disparage the anecdotes or experiences of anyone, but it
seems to me that in the absence of informed opinion, all we have is
speculation.

73 kelly

Ve4xt