[TowerTalk] trylon 72 foot tower

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Nov 10 13:36:04 EST 2008

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:22:45 -0700, Mike Fatchett W0MU wrote:

>Getting slopers to work well is almost like finding True North.

For a short time, I ran a sloping dipole for 40, 80, and 160 that
was suspended from a massive 150 ft AT&T microwave tower on a 3,000
ft mountaintop near Sacramento. It played REALLY well. During a 160M
contest, I could work anything I could hear with 100 watts, and I
could hear really well. I suspect that the QTH and the significant
reflection provided by the tower (I'd guess 3dB or so of additional
gain in the favored direction) had a lot to do with it.

73,

Jim K9YC