[TowerTalk] Dipole Center Connector

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Sun Nov 16 22:46:43 EST 2008

My take is if you can get  2:1 SWR anywhere on the band,
you will have plenty of power going out, and I would not worry
about whether my tuner could get me down to 1:1 or anywhere
in between.   If you can get 2:1 SWR across the band, you
have pretty much got things clicked.  Personally I think anything
under 2:1 is plenty good enough, and the SWR thing can be over
rated.

(Of course, I do not mean to denigrate the theoretical
question you pose, as I think it is a good question
academically -- I only mean to address the practical
ramifications thereof.   I will leave it to others, more
knowledgeable and articulate than I, to actually
answer the question.)

Just My take...

Happy trails and 73.    ----  Richards - K8JHR ----

AD5VJ Bob wrote:

> on the other portions where I will be less efficient than 1:1 say
around 2:1 and up - if I use a tuner and bring the swr to 1:1
will I still have the same 200W ERP at the antenna as I would
using the 1:1 portion of the band or is the additional