[TowerTalk] Feeding a long distance yagi

Peter Voelpel df3kv at t-online.de
Mon Nov 17 15:30:57 EST 2008

Hi Roger,

Option 1 should be absolutely no problem.
One of my towers is 150m from the house. I put 5/8" and 7/8" surplus
hardline and control cables down the tower and across the property (not
buried).

The 7/8" cable is feeding the logperiodic and the 5/8" cable the
shorty-forty by HyGain. Attenuation is less then 1db on any band.

Catenary suppport of the cables along a steel rope between two towers would
be possible here as well, but laying it on the ground is easier for me.
I am crossing the radial field of my 80m vertical and having all cables
directly on ground reduce any possible interaction and also possible pickup
of electrical noise from the neighbourhood.

73
Peter