[TowerTalk] Was "43ft Vertical Feeding

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 24 09:27:01 EST 2008

Richards wrote:
> I think you meant to post the link to the 1500 w tuner, not the
> 200 w tuner....  and the big boy costs a mere  $2100 with shipping
> extra.
>

> Looks like a good item, ... except the web page says it is for loops,
> and not for verticals.   It says:
>        Matches balanced Antennas (Dipoles, Loops, Inv. Vees, etc.)
>            No RF Ground (Counterpoise, Radials, etc.)
>

> Maybe it would work, but it is rather expensive!

It can probably tune a vertical as well as anything else.

And, as previously noted, it too is in the couple of kilobuck class
(plus, that control cable is going to be pricey.. )

But, this kind of thing is what's needed.

(and, it could make a heck of a component for a steerable phased array..
  you'd need one of these for each element plus some more to build the
phasing networks... if anyone's interested in spending a few tens of $K
on such a system, let me know..)