[TowerTalk] Was "43ft Vertical Feeding

Dan Zimmerman N3OX n3ox at n3ox.net
Tue Nov 25 01:19:47 EST 2008

"Another advantage to switching L networks is that it's fast.  In a contest
you don't want to wait for an antenna to adjust."

Honestly, that's why I bothered with this:

http://www.n3ox.net/projects/lowbandvert

and this:

http://www.n3ox.net/projects/sixtyvert

instead of just sticking this out at the base:

http://www.n3ox.net/projects/servo

I just switch bands too much to twiddle knobs.  A relay-based autotuner
would be nearly as fast and a relay based memory tuner would be even faster,
and equivalent to what I did, but it didn't take too long to hack together
my networks.  Had lots of caps lying around though.

73
Dan