[TowerTalk] LM-470 at 100 MPH

Bob Selbrede, K6ZZ k6zz at ccis.com
Sat Nov 29 20:32:55 EST 2008

Hello,

Has anyone had the Triex LM-470 professionally evaluated for
antenna load capacity in a 100 MPH Basic Wind Speed zone?
Turns out our local building code will be changing on 1 Jan
09 to require new structures to meet the 100 MPH
requirement.  I suspect most free standing crankup towers,
fully extended, may not handle these wind conditions
unloaded let alone with a good size tribander on them.  How
does an 85 MPH 3 second gust rating of 18 Sq Ft look at 100
MPH?  I would estimate around 4 Sq Ft.

73, Bob K6ZZ