[TowerTalk] house bracket

Scott Stembaugh radio.n9ljx at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 08:52:54 EDT 2008

I am getting ready to finally stand up my tower.  The tower is an old
rohn design that is a self supporting style.  I have a house bracket
for it but where I want to stand the tower next to the house the
bracket will be at abt 8' just below the eave.  The tower is 40'.  Is
the house bracket still required even though it will be so low?  I do
plan on putting on guys at the 30' level.

If I do put on the house bracket what is the best scenario for
attaching them to the house?  The inside of the wall will be in a
public area so I would prefer to NOT come all the way thru the wall.
But then again I would prefer the tower not fall either.  Putting the
tower on the end of the house is not an option due to utilities and
close proximity to neighbors.

Picture of the top section (and kind of the lower sections) can be
seen at http://picasaweb.google.com/radio.n9ljx/Tower#.

thanks,
--scott N9LJX

--