[TowerTalk] Water table and tower foundation

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Mon Oct 6 13:10:37 EDT 2008

Rudy Bakalov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has experience and suggestions for building a rather large foundation (11 x 11 x 5) in a area with high water table.  My builder hit water at 34" and while he has some ideas, I would appreciate thoughts from other hams with real-life experience in this area.

Get a big pump!
Actually that is just what they do around here.  No pouring into
undisturbed soil. They dig the hole and keep it pumped out, place a form
in the hole, do the pour, keep pumped out until the initial cure (3 days
to a week), remove the forms, back fill, and let set for the final cure.
At least that's what the construction companies do around here.

Throughout the county the water table runs from a foot to about 3'
although it's usually lowest by the end of Summer to mid Fall.

73

Roger (K8RI)