[TowerTalk] Grounding with Polyphaser lightning arrestors

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Tue Oct 7 00:51:06 EDT 2008

I did not pay attention to the fact you are suggesting the use of the
choke/ISOLATION baluns as LIGHTENING PROTECTION -- and,
I was thinking you were just going to use them to minimize or
eliminate common mode noise that might possibly get picket up
on the coax and to minimize RF in the shack with them...

I agree with Roger on this and limit my previous comments to the
purpose for which I thought you going to use them for.   Roger
is a more careful reader than I am...

>> put ferrite beads over the coax and make a choke out of the coax where it
>> enters the house on the premise that this choke point would look high
>> impedance to lighting.

ROGER SAID >>