[TowerTalk] question about Tailtwister drift off north!

Van K7VS wa7fab at cdsnet.net
Wed Oct 8 22:24:31 EDT 2008

I have everything up there drilled and bolted so quite sure its not the mast
or rotator or antenna  turning in the wind.

BUT I recently dropped the antenna over to do some work (tubular tower) and
noticed that the antenna which was not centered to the ground when the the
tower was cranked down horizontal to the ground and heard the rotator gears
moving and watched the antenna as it rotated and centered itself.  The
rotator power was on when this happened.  But on the other hand I can
actually hear the wedge brake pull in and out when I move the antenna when
its in the normal operating position with the rotor control!

Any thoughts about what my problem might be?   Someone mentioned when I had
it apart a couple of years ago to relub and clean that one had to be very
careful that the wedge was not put in upside down.  Could that be my
problem?  Does my problem make any sense to someone out there?  Thank you.
Van, K7VS

--
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for Personal use.

The Trial and Professional version does not have this message in the email