[TowerTalk] M2 OR2800P rotor question

Arliss w7xu at iw.net
Sat Oct 11 23:31:22 EDT 2008

I have a question for the reflector re: my new M2 OR2800P rotor.
  Due to my work, I won't be able to call M2 for several days, so
I'm hoping someone here knows the answer.

I recently purchased a new M2 OR2800P rotor and just had the
chance today to take it out of the box.  Looking the rotor over,
it seems that I have a problem -- maybe I'm missing something
obvious, but I don't see how I can use the rotor with my 3" mast.

The drive plate has 4 holes on 3" centers.  Given that and the
thickness of the walls of the mast clamp, I don't see how a 3"
mast can be accommodated, although the M2 website states that the
drive plate accepts masts of up to 3 or 3-1/8" diameter (various
numbers are listed at different locations).

Can anyone tell me if the layout of the drive plate has changed
on the current production runs of the OR2800?  Is there more than
one version of the drive plate in production?

73,  Arliss  W7XU