[TowerTalk] #10 Rebar vs 1.250 Cold Roll Steel...???

Bill Winkis kc4pe at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 13 12:02:37 EDT 2008

Am trying to get my LM70 back in the air...... have the concrete mount ears made and ready, however #10 rebar is not to be found  in my local area....will have to be orderd out of Atlanta for $200.00 per 20 feet....however the steel distributor says why not use "Cold Rolled Steel"...??
 Says 1.250 inch CRS is much stronger than #10 rebar and it only costs $148.00 per 20 foot stick...He says its hard to weld rebar properly without weakening the joint, that's why they wire most of it....where as CRS is easy to weld without any weakening of the joint....

Why use rebar..is it because of the spiral wrap whic give the rebar a added locking strength...??

-Bill
kc4pe at bellsouth.net