[TowerTalk] #10 Rebar vs 1.250 Cold Roll Steel...???

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Oct 13 21:11:12 EDT 2008

If you weld diagonals onto the vertical struts cold rolled steel will be
fine and stronger.  Also weld some "feet" on the bottom and you'll pull the
concrete out of the hole before the rods come out.  The size of the rebar is
not the issue, it's the brittleness after welding to it that is the problem.

Bob