[TowerTalk] TIC RING

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Wed Oct 15 18:29:42 EDT 2008

The 22" ones are easy to climb around, especially on rohn 45 or 55 tower,
they stick out a bit more on 25, but aren't that much of a problem.  The
bigger ones are a bit more work to get around.

There have been several improvements over the years in the bearings.  The
newer ones are simpler and don't have the spring loading any more.  for
those who have older ones I recommend a modification that replaces the
spring in the one bearing with just a bolt to hold the ring in place.  I had
some trouble with the spring thing sticking and letting the ring pop out on
two of my older 1022's until I did that modification.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net