[TowerTalk] TIC RINGS

mwdink at eskimo.com mwdink at eskimo.com
Thu Oct 16 15:58:13 EDT 2008

> If your antennas are not weight balanced when mounting in the ring, use
> some
> additional weight out on the boom to achieve balance (make sure the coax
> weight is in place). Having the weight balanced is very important to make
> sure the ring works properly.

Just did this with my 3el 40M that went up last weekend as the
DE was at the balance point. I actually used the Tic Rig Truss
and extra saddle clamps to "hoist" the beam up a bit and made
a new balance point at the truss attachment point by attaching
some heavy surplus aluminum INSIDE the boom. (Also helps you get
those truss lines measured out right.)

73
dink, n7wa