[TowerTalk] "Sluggo" Ground Rod driver

Roger (K8RI) K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Oct 17 02:13:54 EDT 2008

RICHARD SOLOMON wrote:
> A local electrician I use had a tool for driving ground rods that his father made.
> He got some Well Pipe, welded a piece on top and welded two handles on it.
> It drove an 8' ground rod into what's laughingly referred to as soil around here
> as easy as you please. A few taps with a hammer completed the task.

You are describing the basic "fence post driver" used on farms for
years.  Depending on how much weight you can handle the faster you can
drive posts. Of course you need to be in really good shape for putting
in a half mile to miles of fence, working from dawn till dark.  One of
those will give you shoulders and arms like a body builder<:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)