[TowerTalk] Tower is up. I am now QRT

Bert Almemo balmemo at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 18 15:25:02 EDT 2008

Try the RFI reflector at rfi at contesting.com  where the experts are. Good
luck!

73 Bert, VE3OBU

-----Original Message-----
From: towertalk-bounces at contesting.com
[mailto:towertalk-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Michael Ryan
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2008 2:48 PM
To: towertalk at contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower is up. I am now QRT

Fellow tower talkers...
   With my 72ft motorized tower now up with a 3 element STEPPIR, I thought I
would be loving life. Not so. In fact, basically QRT. Note that I am
straying from the approved thread here, because I am looking for help in a
big way.
   With a better antenna comes better reception. So much better that I can
hear my neighbors solar & wind power system at the end of my street. I hear
it even better at night. On 160, 80, 40, 30, his pure sine wave AIMS (brand
name) 12volt DC to 120 volt AC inverter has me basically in total shut down
mode. On 20,17,15,12 and 10 I can null him out just enough to work a few
stations. Other than that the buzz/hum is 20+db full time....forget it. I
can hear it almost 3/4 mile away with the HF rig in my car as well. Has
anyone ever run into this?  Anyone have a suggestion?  Thanks for reading
and sorry to stray from the normal thread(s).  Contact me off the reflector
on this topic please.  - Mike (941)721-3157 or mryan001 at tampabay.rr.com