[TowerTalk] Vertical with no radial wires

Michael Germino ad6aa at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 19 09:05:57 EDT 2008

I have a Butternut vertical that I use with their counterpoise kit.  About a 5' foot square loop of wire held out with two poles that are crossed. I have it on a short pole clamped to a AC unit.  You said a rubber roof.  Is it metal underneath?  If so it would make a good counterpoise.  If you can not connect to it direct.  A small screen under the antenna may be all you need to couple to it.

A analyzer would make the butternut much easier to tune.  It was a lot of trips up and down the ladder when I setup my Butternut Vertical

Mike 73, AD6AA