[TowerTalk] Metals prices drop through floor

John Hudson jd_hudson at comcast.net
Fri Oct 24 19:59:36 EDT 2008

I just went to the scrap metal yard today.. I needed a 1/4" plate to mount a
Fulton 2550 onto a older TX-455 see http://www.wd0m.com/winch.html for the
ideal

I bought a scrap piece already cut ($5 cut fee) 8x13x1/4 weighed in at
8lbs...$.90 per lb.. I go there a lot so I whined about the $8 price and
they said $7....

Now I have a extra $1 to buy some cheese for that WHINE!!! :)

I bought a 20' 3x3x1/4 square tubing a about 6 weeks ago, new at a metal
mall... $195..don't remember the weight right now and can't find the ticket

But good news is gas is down to $2.35 here in western Kentucky now....

73

John
KO4XJ
www.w4nja.org/ko4xj.htm