[TowerTalk] Killer Springs; Spring-Eq plate/Leeson

Pat Barthelow aa6eg at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 26 09:22:53 EDT 2008

Dave Leeson, W6NL designed a great solution to the rotor-to- Beam shock absorber problem, using a rubber BMW steering shaft  coupler....But that, as you say, was a different cart of apples than the Killer spring-guy wire idea.

I have Leeson's Masterpiece, "Physical Design of Yagi Antennas" (covering a lot on towers, also) in storage, somwhwere, and miss thumbing through it once in a while.  A real gem.  It should be a reference in the Bookshelf of any Tower owner/user.

Manufacturers ought to  incorporate mention of same, so that Leeson's great idea can  meet the high standards of Steve's prime directive.

All the best,   Pat Barthelow   AA6EG    Skype:  sparky599aa6eg at k6bj.org

http://www.jamesburgdish.org