[TowerTalk] GIN POLE PULLEY

Russell Hill rustyhill at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 27 11:36:21 EDT 2008

If you don't already have your next tower purchased, consider a telescoper.

Mine is a Tashjian 4 EL 72 footer, telescopes to 23', next to a roof peak on
the house.  Great work platform.

Most of my rotator and antenna work I do from the roof peak, strapped in, of
course.

I have a mast sticking up another 17 feet or so-- hence 40 feet up when
retracted.

To do work up the mast I rent a 40 foot hydraulic cherry picker, 450 lbs
capacity, for 175 plus tax for 24 hours.

My climbing consists of a ladder to the edge of the roof, and a gently
sloping roof.

73,
Rusty, NA5TR