[TowerTalk] Ham IV rotor - to service or not to service?

Gary Slagel gdslagel at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 15:58:33 EDT 2008

I've got a used HAM IV rotor that just came off a tower after about 10 years of service with no problems.  I'm going to put it back up on a medium sized tribander on a crank up tower.  I'm wonder if I should just put it up or should I send it in for a 'tune up' with a rotor service company?  The thing seems to be working fine but wondering if I'd have a better chance of getting another 10 years out of it if I had some routine maintenance done on it?

Thanks for anyone's ideas.

Gary Slagel/N0SXX
Hot Springs, SD
http://marina.fortunecity.com/sanpedro/351