[TowerTalk] rotor-to-beam shock obsorber problem/solution

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 18:16:49 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/27/2008 12:59:52 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  Thanks for reminding us where to find this  information.  It is on page
7-29.
While watching my Steppir Monstr  whip around even in moderate winds I
suspect that it isn't the wind  velocity but rather the sudden shock that
causes
the boom to slip on  the mast.  I will appreciate additional information from
anyone who  has used one.

If you're using an Orion rotator  and mast clamp, the clamp is why your
antenna is slipping. It has 2 fatal  problems.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH