[TowerTalk] Amphenol PL259

Dave Harmon k6xyz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 28 15:52:01 EDT 2008

Generally I agree except for a small but critical point.....
If you are using Davis Bury-Flex you will need the larger center pin ID of
the 83-1SP.
Yeah, yeah....I know you can probably find the el' cheapo connectors that
will fit the BF but I have never seen any....and I ain't gonna look.
One thing I will never do though is cut any strands of the center conductor
to make it fit some crummy connector that I have to scrape to get solder to
flow.
50 cents is not even chump change.
Get the good stuff....parts is not parts.

Regards

Dave Harmon
K6XYZ[at]sbcglobal[dot]net
Sperry, Ok.