[TowerTalk] New Cables for a Crank Up

Dan Hearn n5ar at air-pipe.com
Wed Oct 29 12:47:39 EDT 2008

I have replaced the cables and pulley bearings on my TX472 with it in the
vertical position. This avoids having to be concerned with the antennas if
you tilt it. There is a description of how I did it on our club web page at
www.sdxa.org . Look under DX Tips on the right hand side of the page. I
should mention that I inserted a piece of all thread rod with nuts on it at
the point where the pipe support, inserted to do the job, sits under the
tower section corner tubing. This assures that the support pipe does not
slip off the tower corner tubing. I need to add that to the DX Tip.
73, Dan, N5AR