[TowerTalk] GiNPOLE PULLEY

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Thu Oct 30 09:53:33 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/26/2008 10:04:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  Anyone try one of these yet?

>  _http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290269531547_
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290269531547)

    I haven't tried one but it looks FB. Just add an  aluminum pole and leg
clamp and you're good to go.

>  I just  tried making a home made ginpole today and it wont even raise my
35 lb three  element tribander off of the ground so I am thinking of buying one
of these  and starting over.

    You're actually trying to lift 70 pounds so it's  a heavy pull.

>  What size are ginpole pulleys anyway? Mine  was 1/2".
Looked like it would work great, but flopped.

Probably too much friction over the little  pulley. (I'm not sure that you
meant that the pulley was 1/2" in  diameter.) You need something with a sheave
that's 3-4 inches or so  across. It'll still take some effort but that should
help.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH