[TowerTalk] Lossy traps?

Al Williams alwilliams at olywa.net
Thu Oct 30 13:15:51 EDT 2008

If I am reading this response correctly, then any metal anywhere
decreases the radiated field from the driven element?!

I am not discussing directivity loss or gain--I am just curious
of whether the field in the vicinity of metal absorbs some of
the field and somehow that causes the total field of the driven
element to be reduced.

k7puc