[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: tower grounding

HansLG at aol.com HansLG at aol.com
Mon Sep 1 11:03:08 EDT 2008

Now I wonder: The concrete is conducting due to water content and then  we
drive in a few grounding rod and connect them to the tower. Knowing the rod  are
make with a copper layer and the rebar are made of steel, isn't there a big
risk of electrolytic corrosion? I never heard that to be a problem. Is the
high pH the protecting factor?

I know concrete is the insulator between railroad tracks. You use the  fact
that the wheels connect the tracks as a mean to check where a train is. I
suspected though that where were some conductivity although I guess it may not  be
considered enough as a good grounding for a lightning strike.

Hans, N2JFS