[TowerTalk] Wanted! Sixpak Antenna Switch

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat Sep 13 10:26:43 EDT 2008

I own two Array Solutions Sixpak antenna switches and both had the problems
you describe.  One was 350 feet from my shack so I thought that the problem
was from the long control line.  I also use Top Ten band decoders to control
the relays and this seemed to make the problem worse.   I later installed a
Sixpak at my P40A station using only 25 feet of control cable and I had
problems there also.  I solved this by having the band decoder control a
relay in the shack that powers the Sixpak to ensure all 13.8 volts is
leaving the shack and I stretched out the relay springs a little so that
they close easier.   Both switches seem to work fine since now and one
switch survived multiple lightning strikes.

73,
John KK9A / P40A