[TowerTalk] HELP WITH MOTORIZING A Tri-Ex W-51 tower

Tom Anderson andersonww5l at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 13 23:12:14 EDT 2008

Lee:

I've had a W51 since 1992 when they were made by TriEx and Karl Tashjian was their chief engineer.  To my knowledge the W51 was never meant to be motorized as that was never listed in the options page even back then.  The tower doesn't have postivie pull up and pull down designed into it and from what I've been told this is a "requirement" to having a successful motorized tower.

The motorized option was never listed in the specs book for the W51 or on the blue line calcs/specs that came with the tower.  Sure wish it would have been designed for a motorized uint, would have saved some wear and tear on my right arm hi hi.

73 de

Tom, WW5L