[TowerTalk] My Digging "the Hole" story

John Hudson jd_hudson at comcast.net
Mon Sep 15 20:06:25 EDT 2008

On several occasions the question comes up about how or who to get to the
dig the whole for tower base. Well I made the comment a few weeks ago that I
was digging a base for a TX-455 and I was going to use a gas powered post
hole digger and "punch" holes in the ground then dig by hand. I don't mind
doing things like that ..but.. someone said they got a grave digger to do
his dirt work since they dig pretty straight and have experience in keeping
the walls from collapsing. I just happen to live across the street from a
cemetery and just happen to see a guy digging a grave today and I got him to
dig my hole for $45. now I'll tell you up front, I ain't a smart man but I
know when to pull out the green stamps.

Just wanted to pass this along

73

John