[TowerTalk] six pack problems

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 15 03:09:10 EDT 2008

I too recently bought a SixPak.
I have had it apart so many times I can do it blindfolded.
I have adjusted over half of the relays so that they pull in properly.  I have also cleaned several of the "lock-out" contacts on several of the relays.  Still I occassionally have problems.

KH7XS sent his in and it came back working.  How about this novel idea.  Since Array Solutions knows how to fix these things, perhaps they could fix them before they send them out to their customers to find out if they work.

Why would I want to spend $50 to ship mine back to Jay and have the hassle with customs when it comes back just to have him send me another new one.  If it is like the new one I just received, it will still not work properly.  .

I switched mine to 20 meters and transmitted.  The 20 meter connection was open, the amplifier gave a huge bang as there was a big arc in the tank circuit.  Thankfully nothing was destroyed, this time.

I now carefully listen on the band that I switch to.  If it is dead quiet, I wack the SixPak on the side.  The relay pulls in and away we go.

The SixPak wasn't cheap.  I expected better.  Talking to another local who have one, I find his is not much better.

Lee VE7CC