[TowerTalk] Noise Folow up

w4lde w4lde at numail.org
Tue Sep 16 18:16:04 EDT 2008

Billy,

Thanks for the input, I believe I have identified the pole where the
noise comes from but right now the radio is quite, rechecked the
particular pole and it is also very quite, still have two poles that are
very noisy but I think that there far enough away, 1/2 mile, that they
don't bother me, the one thats close, 1/8 or less of a mile, is now
quite and has been that way since yesterday.

Ive started a log for noise and pole activity but right now I am blessed
that the noise isn't bothering me, should it start again off I go with
the VX-5R using AM receiver on 134MHz and also 332MHz.  The power
company uses 332MHz but they claimed they couldn't hear anything.  I
really don't think they knew how to use there gear since it reminded me
of the MFJ unit and it uses a headphone to listen, there truck didn't
have a headphone and they were relying on a meter movement.

Keep the reflector posted if it starts again and what I've found.  I
will take a look at the portable Yagi and if needed start building.
Thanks again.

Thanks to everyone who responded with some great ideas.

73 de
Ron W4LDE