[TowerTalk] suspending more than one inverted V from a tower???

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Sep 20 14:55:25 EDT 2008

>Obviously long wire/dipoles/inverted V's should be kept at right
>angles to each other and as far apart as possible.

Not necessarily. Fan dipoles are well known to work quite well, and
have been a popular antenna for both hams and commercial radio
applications.

In this configuration, dipoles for multiple bands are built running
parallel to each other, separated by spreaders at intervals of
roughly 6 ft. I've built and used a bunch of them with spacings of
7-9 inches between elements of the fan.

73,

Jim K9YC