[TowerTalk] Building a Contesting/DXing station with deed restrictions

Michael Almeter w4mja at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 21:26:47 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,
    My name is Mike, W4MJA, and I am from Marietta GA. I am finding that these days I am really enjoying the competitive side of the hobby more and more, and would like to increase my contest scores, DX's worked. My challenge is to build a world class contesting station, on my half an acre piece of land, in a deed restricted community.

    I do have 90'+ trees in and around in my yard, and have quite a few pulleys at 90'. I am looking for the best wire antenna designs and what will give me a comparatively strong signal to guys who run beams, yagi's and such.

    I have looked into a K9AY loop for the low bands as far a RX goes on 160 and 80. I have also thought about a Lazy H for 20M and or 40M. What would you guys recommend?

Have a blessed day,
Michael Almeter
W4MJA