[TowerTalk] (no subject) Vertical Antenna Instead of Tower Decision....

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Tue Sep 23 03:59:14 EDT 2008

Hi Jim --

1)    City did provide a statement in writing - with copies of
ordinance and statement of interpretation by inspector's office.

2)  I like to work barefoot, but have a plenty big TenTec Centurion
amp,  so I can push power if needed.

3)  I am not sure what you mean by "elevated dipole" - as I kinda
figure most dipoles are "elevated" by being hung as high as
possible.   Maybe I am missing something that differentiates your
notion with mine.   Sorry.

4)  I think you are suggesting the big pole vertical might be best
on average, although you got good results with the Hustler 6BTV
and a tuner.

Thanks for the uptake.  =====  James- K8JHR  ========

jimlux wrote:
> It would be nice if they would give you that statement in writing (not
> about the fighting, but that no permits are needed).

  3) For simplicity, I'd go with a unadorned vertical mast of some sort,
> with a SGC tuner at the base.

> 4) The next step up in complexity might be some sort of elevated feed
> dipole (with a tuner at the feedpoint).
>
> 5) The 6BTV seems attractive at first, because, in theory, you don't
> need the tuner, but in reality, adjusting it is a pain (hours of work),

That said, I used exactly that,