[TowerTalk] Coax tools

Craig Clark jcclark at wildblue.net
Fri Sep 26 13:00:43 EDT 2008

I said "I also recommend one of these:"

> >http://www.dxengineering.com/Parts.asp?ID=2483&PLID=240&SecID=127&D
> eptID=36&PartNo=DXE%2DUT%2D80P
>

>How can they call this a stripping tool

they don't

>  - all it is, so far as I can see,
>is a gadget for gripping the body of the PL-259 to facilitate threading it
>on the coax jacket.
>
>73, Pete N4ZR

Pete et al,

I should have been more specific. It is not a stripping tool but a
handy assembly tool. I was recommending it in addition the their
stripping tool.

I make cables almost every day. I have arthritis in my hands and this
tool makes it easier for me to put a PL259 on coax. Sure I could use
Vice grips or some other gripping tool but working smart is a good
policy to follow.

73, Craig Clark, K1QX

RADIOWARE AND RADIO BOOKSTORE
PO  BOX 209