[TowerTalk] Tower G4A

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Thu Apr 2 18:08:19 PDT 2009

Alfredo,

G4A is the designator of the 10 foot side rail of the military AB-105C/FRC tower. This tower is approximately midway between Rohn 55 and Rohn 65 in load bearing capacity.

I have three 200 foot AB-105C towers and three 150 foot rotating AB-105C towers installed at my QTH with a wide variety of large HF Yagis.  I also have one heavier duty 200 foot 2400H tower, often known as "heavy duty AB-105," with two stacked full sized 40M 3 element Yagis.

Here are a few of the AB-105C specifications:

Maximum rated height: 280 feet
Weight: 11.2 pounds per foot
Face width: 24 inches
Maximum allowable bending moment at top of the tower: 20,000 ft-lbs

For many years, AB-105C Technical Manual TM 11-2615A was available on the Internet, but it is no longer on-line.

What specific AB-105C tower information do you need?

73
Frank
W3LPL