[TowerTalk] EZNEC- needs improvement

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Sun Apr 5 14:54:25 PDT 2009

Paul,

I'm not quite sure what point you are making.

The dipole doesn't just "cut off" below some angle. Let's suppose the
vertical had a 10db advantage over the dipole at 6 degrees, and the
dipole beat the vertical by 10dB at 23 degrees. If your point is that
the signal strength on the 6 degrees path is very much stronger (say by
20dB) than that on the 23 degree path, the vertical will still only show
a 10dB advantage because the 6 degree path is dominant for both antennas.

Or have I misunderstood what you are saying?

Steve G3TXQ