[TowerTalk] Need rotator cable - 350 ft of 2-12 & 2-18 for M2 Orion 2800

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Sun Apr 5 14:57:59 PDT 2009

Scott,

You will have problems with inaccurate rotator position indication if you use 4 wire cable on the Orion 2800 rotator.  Noise from the motor causes the position indicator to read false pulses if the two small wires are in the same cable as the large motor wires.

I use two separate cables on my Orion rotators.  The position indicator has been completely trouble-free, despite the 500 foot cable lengths.

73
Frank
W3LPL