[TowerTalk] (no subject)

r miles greenacres113 at charter.net
Mon Apr 6 10:02:30 PDT 2009

At a yard sale this past weekend I bought a Radio Shack 20-176a scanner antenna.
I  measured the vertical element & radials which turned out to be apx 19''. A
quarter wave on 2M. Just for fun I used my MFJ249 & it's resonate at 147mhz.
Under 1.75 over the 2M band. I wouldn't want to apply a lot of RF to this thing
but a few watts might be OK. It might  make a good "storm" antenna during bad WX
using my HT. Anyone out there  ever use one of these on transmit ?