[TowerTalk] Converting 3 el 10/15/20M yagi to 12/17M

n8de at thepoint.net n8de at thepoint.net
Mon Apr 6 10:42:20 PDT 2009

Bert,
Remember that those tri-band antennas have traps which are tuned to
certain bands/frequencies to make the antenna work.
You would have to rewind EVERY trap you used for your new antenna.
Not a simple project.
I'd simply take the aluminum from both of those tri-banders and use it
to build a 3-el 17m yagi and 3-el 12m yagi on the same boom WITHOUT
traps.
There are designs out there for each of those antennas .. getting them
to 'play together' on one boom will take someone more experienced with
'modelling'.
Don
N8DE