[TowerTalk] Gizmotchy's

Michael Goins wmgoins at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 09:22:23 PDT 2009

Andre,

But that is exactly the point. Illegal is illegal and the fact that
others - hams or manufacturers - are also doing that which is illegal
does not make it okay. We are supposed to be self-policing.

My final post on this matter out of respect for the list. Sorry.

Michael Goins, k5wmg
Professor, Writing
University of Texas at San Antonio
Please do not print this e-mail unless it is completely necessary

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Andre Van Wyk KR5DX <kr5dx at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Mike,
>
> I agree with you in principle, BUT there are so many double standards out
> there, that this could open up a new can of worms.
>
> What about the amplifier manufacturer's making HF amps with a 30m band
> switch position? Ever listened in on a 30m pileup? I bet you it does not
> take a rocket scientist to tell that those "big" signals are not running
> 100watts... It is so easy to get a ham license nowadays, that I wonder if
> the CB high power problem is that big anymore..... I might be wrong...
>
> Then lets got to sticking to rules and regulations that we need to abide by
> to be in good standing with our FCC license terms.....but then I listen on
> 20m and find a VE7 fruitcake swear and cuss like I have never even heard
> somebody in person, and nothing gets done about it by his local authorities,
> let alone an official complaint to them by our very own FCC......
>
> I apologize for this off topic response, but don't you think if a guy makes
> CB antennas that can handle KW's should be given the same response as to our
> very own local amplifier manufacturer's - absolutely nothing!
>
> 73
> KR5DX
>
> Michael Goins wrote:
>>
>> Am I the only one here who feels that making 1KW and 5KW antennas
>> primarily for CBers to use illegally is not okay? And before anyone
>> says they can be used at legal power, why then the need for 5 KW
>> gammas or the testimonies with CB skip names (and performance
>> distances) attached?
>>
>> Sorry, but I could never use one on 2 or 6.
>>
>> Mike, k5wmg
>> Pipe Creek, Texas
>> Green cars, slow boats, big dogs, and summers off to write
>> Please do not print this e-mail unless it is completely necessary
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 9:44 AM, NE6V <NE6V at roadrunner.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Group,
>>> Many have asked what's a Gizmotchy, so I thought I'd provide the url. So
>>> everyone can see for themselves.
>>>
>>> -At the present I have (6) 2 mtr models, 4 elements each, 1500 watt gama
>>> matches.
>>> For the Group here I'll sell them for $140.00 each INCLUDES SHIPPING. On
>>> the website they sell for 150.00 plus shipping. The ones I have are in
>>> factory boxes SEALED NEVER OPENED.
>>>
>>> -I also have about a dozen (12) 6 mtr  5 element Gizmo's. Also in FACTORY
>>> SEALED BOXES NEVER OPENED. Contact me for SPECIAL PRICING ON THE 6 MTR
>>> MODELS!                                                            Both the
>>> 6 and the 2 mtr models can seen at:  http://gizmotchy.com/index.html
>>>
>>> YES I ACCEPT PAYPAL no FEE.
>>>
>>> 73
>>> de